Attogene’s Carbon Dioxide Enzymatic Assay Kit is a simple, direct method for measuring Carbon Dioxide levels in the environment. The assay uses a coupled enzyme assay to detect CO2 (as HCO3-) as follows. In the first step, the bicarbonate condenses with phosphoenol pyruvate to form oxalate (and phosphoric acid); this reaction is catalyzed by the enzyme Phosphoenolpyruvate Decarboxylase, PEPC. The oxalate is then enzymatically reduced by the enzyme Malate Dehydrogenase (using an NADH cofactor) to form malate and NAD+.
You may also like…
- Highly Sensitive Assay to Screen for Benzoic Acid
- Visual Readout (sample dependent: milk, red/pink)
- Detection range of 1ppm to 1500ppm
- Tube or Plate based options available
- Compatible with the Nix Sensor or plate readers to obtain quantitative results.
Attogene test uses the property of formaldehyde to react with the Formaldehyde Reaction Powder (FRP) to form a purple-red tetrazine. The formaldehyde concentration is measured by visual comparison of the reaction with the color scale derived from the Color Card.
Kit Contents: 3 x 8mL BA (Buffering Agent) in dropper bottle 2 x 1.5g FRP (Formaldehyde Reaction Powder) in foil pouch bag 1 Microspoon 2 Sample Vial 1 Color Card 1 Graduated 5-mL Syringe